Wedding Stationery Timeline: When do I start?
Congratulations on your engagement!
There is a lot to plan and think about for your big day, and how you want to create your wedding Stationery should be top of the list.
Download our Printable Wedding Stationery Timeline by clicking here!
12 Months Out
- Choose a color palette and style.
- Start collecting wedding inspiration from Pinterest + wedding blogs- what’s your vision?
- Do you lean more traditional or informal, big or small, any particular themes?
- Finalize your guest lists. Gather mailing addresses.
10-12 Months Out
- Design + Personalize your Save The Dates (View Our Save the Date Designs here!)
- Create a free wedding website to include on your Save The Dates
- Print + Order your Save the Dates cards (2+ week turn around time)
- Purchase Envelopes (5 x 7 cards use size A7 envelopes)
- Purchase Stamps
- Mail out 6 months in advance for local weddings, 8 months for destination weddings.
5-6 Months Out
- Design + Personalize your Wedding Invitations (View Our Designs here!)
- Print + Order your Wedding Invitations (2+ week turn around time)
- Purchase Envelopes. (5 x 7 cards use size A7 envelopes)
- Purchase Stamps
2 Months Out
- As RSVPs come in, update your guest list accordingly.
- Decide seating plan and order place cards.
- Order other stationery items you may need: thank you notes, programs, menus, etc.
1 Month Out
- Print any signage for your wedding day.
- Ensure that all guests have replied to your RSVP. Follow up those who haven’t.
- Deliver decorations, favors, place cards, guest book, pens, and any other items to the reception venue.
- Enjoy every moment of your wedding!
1-4 Months After
- Write thank you cards for gifts you received, especially thank your wedding party, parents and helpers.
Grab a free printable version of our Wedding Stationery Timeline by clicking here!
The best thing you can do is to start early! Earlier than you think. Your guests need time to plan their travel, and you need to give them enough time in advance.
>> Keep in mind particular deadlines to get both your Save the Dates and Wedding Invitations printed, vendors can vary their turn around time.